The Town, joint-venture partner, Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools and project stakeholders Bow Valley College, Foothills School Division and the Okotoks Public Library are pleased to share details about the Okotoks Arts and Learning Campus (OALC) project!
Campus construction is nearly complete! Here is the timeline for the project milestones:
- Summer 2021: campus open/OPL moved in August 13 and opened to the public on September 7/CTR moved in on August 20
- Fall 2021: plaza landscaping underway/BVC and Cameron Crossing renovations underway/tenants being sought for retail space in former library
- CFH no longer leasing space (learn more); new tenant opportunities being sought
- Click button below to inquire about becoming a tenant:
- Fall/Winter 2021: renovations complete for BVC & Cameron Crossing move-in
- 2022 – opening Ethel Tucker Centennial Park and outdoor plaza
Click the button below to review larger timeline image.
The vision for this project is inclusive of both the Town and stakeholders and guides the future of the project. Click the button below to read project vision.
This exciting and transformational project will increase vitality downtown and enhance the ability to offer post-secondary opportunities in the long-term. It will also create a strong anchor for this area and free-up potential tax generating commercial space along Elizabeth Street.
By anchoring the downtown, the OALC project aligns with Council’s strategic directions and reflects the foundations established in the Economic Development Strategic Plan to achieve a vibrant space that strengthens the downtown.