Your local actions, big and small, can positively impact your neighbours, the river, our community and our planet! It can be easy to green your everyday life. Start with the small stuff, get everyone involved and make it a family affair!
Growing Greener Together
The Town appreciates the measures residents take each year to lower water use during the peak demand periods in summer months. Managing our water resources wisely, with your help, is important so our community can rely on our water system for many years to come.
Your Waste: what goes where?
Did you know?
- Approximately 49% of household waste is organic waste and 28% is recyclable.
- You can use the Okotoks Waste App to find out where your waste goes: Blue, Green or Black cart.
Quick Energy Savers
- Switch to LED lights to save money and energy.
- Power off appliances and lights when not in use.
- Programmable thermostats save energy and money.