Welcome to our Town of Okotoks Community Events calendar.
All events must be relevant to the Town of Okotoks and area and must support our local community initiatives and be legal in nature.
To submit an event, review our criteria and use the “submit an event” form. New postings will be reviewed and once approved, available to the public within three (3) business days.
Town of Okotoks Event Criteria
All eligible public events are welcome.
Eligible events include:
- Community meetings and events
- Town sponsored events
- Not-for-profit organization events
- Multi-cultural events and celebrations in the neighbourhood
- Not-for-profit events such as exercise, art and culture classes or meetings open to the community
- Special (one time) events at faith organizations such as Nativity event, Thanksgiving dinner, clothing exchange, rummage sale
- Registered not-for-profit and charity fundraisers
- Neighbourhood block parties and garage sales
- Farmers’ markets within the Town of Okotoks and area
The following events will not be included on this calendar:
- For-profit events that are commercial in nature and, in the Town’s sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business (e.g. home business parties/sales/demonstrations)
- Personal garage sales
- Political events: including notices of partisan political gatherings, nomination meetings, and constituency events. Non-partisan and/or community events hosted by an elected official or recognized political party will be reviewed and posted at the discretion of the calendar administrator.
- Regularly scheduled faith services
Events must be held in a physical location that can be accessed by the public. For example, online contests or recruitment events will not be accepted.
Events shall not promote hatred or disrespect of any group and shall not discriminate on any grounds covered by the Alberta Human Rights Act. In the event that The Town of Okotoks becomes aware of any violation of these principles, the posting will immediately be removed from the calendar without notice.
If your event has been declined by our calendar moderator, you are invited to contact Town of Okotoks Communications with any questions.