Currently there are no fire restrictions for Okotoks.
Fire Advisories, Bans & Restrictions
Okotoks Fire Services Fire Ban System
Fire permits are required for any type of burning inside town limits, except campfires. Safe campfires in approved Fire Pits are allowed in campgrounds and backyards.
The fire hazard rating has increased. Fire permits may be restricted. Safe campfires are allowed in campgrounds and backyards, but this level is a warning they may be restricted if the situation doesn’t improve.
- Safe residential fire pits and safe campfires in campgrounds that are compliant with Fire Services Bylaw 10-17 are allowed.
- Gas or propane stoves / barbecues and portable propane fire pits are allowed when used according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Charcoal briquette and solid fuel barbecues are allowed when used according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- No new fire permits will be issued.
- Torches and lanterns with open flames are prohibited.
- All other burning including burning barrels in the newly annexed areas of Okotoks are prohibited.
Fire restrictions may be upgraded to complete fire bans at any time without notice. It is the responsibility of residents and visitors to be aware of recreational fire regulations per Bylaw 10-17.
No campfires (or other open fires and burning barrels) are allowed in campgrounds or backyards. This includes charcoal briquettes and outdoor torches of any kind. Gas or propane stoves/barbeques and portable propane fire pits are allowed. All fire permits are suspended or cancelled and no new fire permits will be issued.
Click here for the link to all Alberta Fire Bans