The Town now has beach volleyball courts! Located at Bill Roberston Park (formerly Riverside Community Park), 1400 North Railway Street, this exciting amenity has been added in 2021, and can be found at the east end of the newly updated parking area.
The facility contains 3 multi-courts with various net heights and one single court, all sand-surfaced. There is also a new outdoor washroom located beside the courts.
Guidelines for Use:
For your safety and the enjoyment of all, please respect the following:
- The use of the courts are available to users during normal park hours (5 a.m. to 11 p.m.).
- For the remainder of 2021, the courts will be open for drop-in, on a first-come basis.
- As such please be courteous, and if groups are waiting please adjust your use accordingly and share the facility.
- No glass containers permitted on or near the courts.
- Courts will be dragged as needed.
The courts are generally open seasonally from May through mid-October, weather permitting. Court conditions are subject to weather. Nets are installed as soon as weather permits.
Use and Bookings Begin in 2022:
- Starting in 2022, courts will be bookable for exclusive use, and net heights can be specified with the bookings.
- The Town will need 2 business days to adjust the nets.
This park is regularly inspected. Report maintenance issues to 403-938-8958 or online using the Report It tool. Report bylaw infractions to 403-938-8913.