Applications for non-profit organizations for property tax exemptions are accepted on an annual basis.
The Town of Okotoks considers applications from non-profit organizations for property tax exemptions on an annual basis. Applications are accepted by September 30 each year.
Eligibility for property tax exemptions are defined by provincial legislation.
Properties with more than 2 years outstanding tax arrears are offered for sale by the Town of Okotoks, in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, Chapter M-26 RSA 2000, Part 10, Division 8.
2022 Property Sale
Date: Friday November 25, 2022
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Council Chambers, Town of Okotoks Municipal Centre
- Payments for tax arrears MUST be made by certified cheque, cash, debit at City Cashiers, money order or lawyer's trust cheque.
- Payments accepted up to the day and time of the tax sale.
- Property reserve bids (available approximately July 2022) are based on market value.
The 2022 Property tax sale list contains properties offered for sale at the annual Property tax sale and includes:
- roll number
- legal description
- reserve bids (available approximately August 2022)
- terms and conditions of sale
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale