Thank you for visiting the Town of Okotoks web site and reviewing our Use and Privacy Statement.
We respect the privacy of all our visitors, any information collected will only be used to assist us in creating a better website to meet your needs.
As a local public body the Town of Okotoks is subjected to the Freedom Of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
You may use this Web site only if you agree to the following Terms:
- The Town of Okotoks grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make personal use of this website.
- This license does not include any right for resale or commercial use.
- You acknowledge only a limited right to the use of this website and have no rights to the intellectual property associated with this website.
- You agree you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this website by, hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of etiquette or any other similar careless, malicious or negligent conduct.
- You acknowledge that the Town of Okotoks does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this website.
- You agree to grant the Town of Okotoks all intellectual property rights to the content of any e-mail and/or other form of written contact that you submit to the Town either directly or through a Website submittal process.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in Alberta with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place in the Judicial District of Okotoks.
Personal information is defined as information that identifies you as an individual and encompasses any information collected with your permission. The Town of Okotoks will not automatically gather any personal information from you, unless it is supplied voluntarily to the Town by contacting us via e-mail, or by registering in a secure portion of the site. Any personal information you provide will be managed in accordance with the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
When you provide any personal information, you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected, and of the right you have to access this information at any time.
Please note that public input or feedback in the form of letters, emails, etc. may become a public record, such as publishing in a Council Agenda Package that is also posted on the Town of Okotoks website for public viewing.
You may contact the Town of Okotoks’ FOIP Coordinator at 403-938-8944 or email@example.com with questions regarding the use of Personal Information.
This Web site uses “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of information that are distributed to Web browsers to assist you when you return to this site or a specific area on this site. Cookies created on your computer by using this Web site do not contain any information that can be used to personally identify you and do not compromise your privacy or security. You can refuse or delete the cookie file from your computer by using your Web browser software.
Privacy and Links to Other Sites
The Town of Okotoks does not endorse any products or services that may be referred to on or linked to this website. We welcome feedback on this statement and would be happy to answer any question you may have.