The purpose of this park is to provide a fenced-in, leash free dog park where well-behaved canine companions can exercise and play in a clean, safe environment without endangering themselves or disturbing people, property or wildlife. The Okotoks Off Leash dog park is open from sunrise to sunset. Please provide your own water!
Off Leash Dog Park
By entering the Okotoks Dog Park you are acknowledging and agreeing to abide by the rules set out below.
- All dogs shall wear a visible dog license and identification tag.
- Dogs are the only “animal” permitted in the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Handlers must "scoop the poop" (Bylaw #18-08) and fill any holes dug by dogs under their control. (doggy bags and receptacles on-site)
- Dogs must be under the control and in view of their handler at all times.
- Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times.
- Handlers must remove or muzzle dogs displaying aggressive tendencies.
- Handlers are limited to a maximum of three dogs. Registered Dog Handlers are limited to a maximum of six dogs, & must be identifiable while in the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No glass containers permitted.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.
- Anyone entering the Okotoks Dog Park does so at their own risk. The Town of Okotoks is not responsible for the safety of persons and/or dogs while in the Park, and shall not be liable to anyone for any injuries or damage suffered by any person or dog while in the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Other than dog treats, do not bring food into the park
- Do not play fetch while other dogs are nearby as this can create aggression