Okotoks is a progressive town with a vibrant arts community. The Okotoks Art Gallery (OAG) reflects this wealth of creativity and dynamic energy. Located in the historic 1929 CPR Railway Station, the Gallery includes two gallery spaces for exhibitions, a gift shop featuring local and Canadian artisan wares, and also serves as the Visitor Information Centre for Okotoks.
Okotoks Art Gallery (OAG)
The Okotoks Art Gallery is currently closed to the public due to mandated closures and restrictions from the province. Find full details on open/closure updates on the COVID-19 response update news page.
We are now accepting submissions for the 2022 exhibition season.
- Only online submissions will be accepted.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
2022 Call for Submissions
The deadline for submission of exhibition proposals is Saturday, May 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM MST. As per standard art gallery practice, the Gallery's exhibition schedule is programmed a full year in advance. This enables the gallery to fulfill provincial and federal government funding requirements and provide adequate planning time to mount significant exhibitions that are supported through educational programs and public relations.
The selection of exhibits for 2022 will be finalized in August 2021 via a selection committee. Studio visits and/or additional correspondence may be requested of applicants prior to final decisions being made.
Exhibit opportunities for members | 2021
- January to December | Art in the Hall exhibits
- November & December | The Spirit of Christmas Artisan Market at the OAG
This program provides an opportunity for local artists to show and sell their work over a four-month period of time in the Okotoks Municipal Centre, the Okotoks Rec Centre, the Okotoks Public Library, Foothills Centennial Centre, or Pason Centennial Arena. For more information on how you can exhibit at any of these locations, please call the gallery at 403-938-3204.
Okotoks Municipal Centre -2020 Exhibits
This space for local artists is in the concourse of the Municipal Centre at 5 Elizabeth Street.
September to December | Tim Johnston
Okotoks Recreation Centre -2020 Exhibits
This space for local artists is in the lobby of the Okotoks Recreation Centre at 99 Okotoks Drive.
September to December | Janelle Evans
Okotoks Public Library -2020 Exhibits
This space for local artists is on the main floor of the Okotoks Public Library at 7 Riverside Drive.
September to December | Kathy Villanueva-Dunsmuir
Pason Centennial Arena Expansion -2020 Exhibits
Our newest space for local artists is on the main floor of the Pason Centennial Arena Expansion at 204 Community Way.
September to December | Linda Irwin
Membership provides vital support to the Gallery and its commitment to artistic and educational excellence. All members receive exclusive benefits and access to the Gallery's programming, as well as exclusive events.
Enjoy a variety of valuable services and benefits, as well as different membership options:
Individual Membership Benefits | $47.51 per year
- Receive the Culture Beat, our monthly eNewsletter.
- Artist participation in members' shows and sales at the Okotoks Art Gallery, including the Spirit of Christmas. Artist members are also welcome to sell in the gallery gift shop (art sales are subject to a 25% commission on consignment items).
- Artist Members are encouraged to apply for Art in the Hall exhibits at the Okotoks Municipal Centre, Okotoks Public Library, Foothills Centennial Centre, Pason Arena and/or the Okotoks Rec Centre, as well as submit an Okotoks Art Gallery submission (art sales are subject to a 25% commission on consignment items).
- FREE studio time can be booked in the art studio during regular business hours. Some restrictions apply.
Art Club Membership Benefits | $93.87 per year
Belonging to an Art Club is an excellent way to share ideas and inspiration. A complimentary Individual Membership to the OAG is included with an Art Club membership.
- The Station Painters meet every Tuesday between 10 am and 2 pm in the community room at the Rotary Performing Arts Centre. These talented artists paint in a variety of mediums.
- The Phoenix Art Club meets every Monday between 7 pm and 11 pm in the upstairs studio at the Art Gallery. Artists who join the Monday night club explore a variety of art forms, while enjoying the camaraderie of working together.
- Book your FREE Studio Time at the Art Gallery during our regular hours!
Become a Member today!
- IN PERSON: Stop by the Okotoks Art Gallery and we'll process your membership package within minutes.
- BY PHONE: Have your credit card ready and call the Okotoks Art Gallery to speak to our friendly staff.
- BY MAIL: Complete the Culture Membership Form and mail it, with a cheque or credit card number to:
Okotoks Art Gallery, PO Box 20, Stn Main, Okotoks AB T1S 1K1.
The Culture and Heritage services team provide a variety of programming for people of all ages, abilities and interests. This includes programs at the Okotoks Art Gallery, Okotoks Museum and Archives, Education programs and Community outreach programming. Click the links below to learn more about each:
- Register for a program
- Book an education program for your classroom
- Have us bring a community program to you