What Goes to the Eco Centre
Use What Goes Where below to find out currently information on what items the Eco Centre accepts.
You can also access What Goes Where directly from the Town's Mobile Waste App!
These drop-off areas are for resident use only and are not intended for commercial operators.
Local contractors, please take your building waste to the Foothills Regional Landfill located in Foothills County.
The Eco Centre takes many of your usual recycling materials and is a great option for dropping off common recycling items, or when bulky items won’t fit in your blue cart. We take:
- Plastics (#1-7)
- Paper and corrugated cardboard
- Glass (clean/label removed)
- Metal (cans, tin foil, jar lids)
Not everything can be placed in your blue cart, but all recyclables deserve a second chance. Many items that aren’t collected at your curb can still be recycled at the Okotoks Eco Centre, including:
- Alkaline & rechargeable batteries
- Car batteries
- Clothing, footwear, and household linens
- Compact florescent light (CFL) bulbs/tubes
- Empty motor oil containers
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Paint & aerosol paints
- Styrofoam (polystyrene) packing foam
- Single-use coffee pods (i.e. Keurig K-cups)
- Spray triggers & pumps from cleaning bottles