The Volunteer Resource Centre facilitates community volunteer involvement through promotion, recruiting, interviewing, screening, placing, referring, supporting and recognizing volunteers in our community. We strive to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities, promote life-long learning, support external organizations who recruit volunteers and provide services and support to vulnerable residents.
- A great way to get work experience! Learn new skills by trying new jobs.
- You might find something you’d like to do for a living, or at the very least, discover what you don`t like!
- Meet people who can give you guidance and possibly help you to find a paid job later on.
- Employers will be impressed that you took the initiative to learn new things.
- Learn how a charitable organization works.
- Best of all, you will be taking action to promote what you think is important and probably be helping someone else along the way.
The Okotoks Volunteer Resource Centre recruits youth between the ages of 13 and 17 years. Contact us to find the right volunteer opportunity for you!
The Town of Okotoks Volunteer Resource Centre can help connect you to a non-profit organization or individual that needs your help. Volunteers complete an application form, are interviewed and then connected with a volunteer opportunity that fits their schedule and utilizes their skills. There are many ways to be involved in the community. If you don't see a position through the Volunteer Connector that interests you, then call us and we will work with you to try and create the best volunteer experience for you.
How Do I Sign Up to Volunteer?
The Town of Okotoks has a volunteer registry where volunteers apply, are screened, and are then connected with a Town of Okotoks opportunity that fits their schedule and utilizes their skills. In addition, referrals will also be made to local not for profits and organizations to ensure that all volunteers in Okotoks have access to as many opportunities as possible.
Complete our Volunteer Application Form or pick one up Volunteer Resource Centre and the Okotoks Recreation Centre.
Once your application is received the Volunteer Resource Centre will contact you to book an interview time that is convenient for you.
Connecting the community through volunteerism.
A strong, supportive and vibrant community enhanced by volunteer involvement.
“The world is hugged by the faithful arms of volunteers.”
If you have any questions please contact us by phone, online or in person using the contact information below.