In an Emergency call 9-1-1
RCMP Non-Emergency Complaint Line (24 hours) 403-938-4202
RCMP Administration Line (regular officer hours) 403-995-6400
The Okotoks municipal detachment provides 24-hour policing and consists of a Staff Sergeant, Sergeant, four Corporals, 19 Constables and 10 support staff. The detachment includes three watches and a General Investigation/Crime Reduction Section Unit to provide policing services.
The Okotoks municipal detachment supports, and is involved in, community-based programs to enhance community safety, including: victims services, Citizens On Patrol (COP) and with partnering agencies as part of an integrated, collaborative team.
Online Crime Reporting
Online Crime Reporting (OCR) is now available with the RCMP. OCR offers an alternative and convenient way for people to report non-emergent crime without having to call the police or visit the detachment.
You can file an online report if:
- You have lost something that costs less than $5,000
- Someone has stolen something from you that costs less than $5,000
- Someone has vandalized your property or vehicle and it will cost less than $5,000 to repair
- The crime happened within the jurisdiction of the RCMP
You cannot file an online report if:
- There is a witness or suspect
- There are lost or stolen items involving personal identity, firearms, license plates or decals
All crimes reported online to the Alberta RCMP will be followed up with a phone call from a police officer within five business days.