Join us for the kick off to the holiday season. Festivities typically include a visit from Santa, wagon rides, sugar shack, cookie decorating, craft sales, late night shopping, fireworks & much more! Don't forget your Food Bank donations for the 18 Wheels of Christmas.
Event day road closure: Elizabeth Street, McRae Street, and North Railway Street to Lineham Avenue will be closed to vehicles from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, November 16.
Volunteer for Light Up - find out how you can help out.
Download a copy of the downtown map and take it with you, if you didn't take it from the Western Wheel.
Incident Command Centre
Should you need assistance at any point during Light Up, the Incident Command Centre will be located beside the Municipal Centre on Veterans Way to serve as a central point for:
- Lost children or separated family members
- First aid
- Lost and found
- General information
Support those in Need!
- Drop off food/cash donation for the Food Bank at the 18 Wheels of Christmas!
- Okotoks Fire Dept Charity BBQ
- Western Wheel Cares 50/50 for local charities
- Drop off NEW scarves, mitts, toques and baby items at the Okotoks Art Gallery to decorate the Tree of Warmth for local charities
- Drop off food Bank donations for the Okotoks and Veterans Food Banks at the Elks Lodge. They are also accepting pet food and toy donations for Heaven Can Wait.
At the Downtown Plaza Stage
- Live Choir Performance beginning at 6 pm and running until 6:45 pm
- Mayor and Council arrive-Welcome Ceremonies 6:45 pm
- Visit from Santa, 6:50 pm
- Lighting of Community Christmas Tree, 7 pm
- Foothills Philharmonic Choir performance, 7:10-7:40 pm
At the Landmark Site next to the Plaza
- Candy Cane Lane, by Okotoks GM - NEW! 5:30-9 pm
- Big Rock Singers, 6-6:45 pm
- Live Performance by Naomi Koch singers, 7:10-8:00 pm
- Big Rock Singers, 8:10-8:50 pm
- S’mores Station by SmileZone Orthodontics - 5:30-9 pm
- Cookie Decorating Station - NEW! 5:30-9 pm
- Light the Night illuminated float zone, 5:30-9 pm
Along Elizabeth Street
- Christmas Market, Elks Lodge, 4-9 pm
- Sugar Shack, Prairie Management & Realty - maple toffee on a stick ($1), 5:30-9 pm
- Miniature Ponies, McBride Career Group, 6-8:30 pm
- Free Glow Sticks, Southern Alberta Law Offices 5:30-9 pm
Along Elma Street
- Hot chocolate, treats Mint & Maple, 5:30-9 pm
- Festive desserts & drinks, Twenty Two Collective, 5:30-9 pm
At the Okotoks Art Gallery / Museum
- Photos with Santa (bring own camera), 7:10-9 pm
- Hot Chocolate & Cookies, 5:30-9 pm
- Spirit of Christmas Artisan Market, 5-9 pm
- Museum Exhibits, 5-9 pm
Other Downtown Activities
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides, 5:30-8:30 pm; 6 teams of horse-drawn wagon rides
- Fire Pits, 5:30-9 pm
- Roaming Carollers, 6-9 pm
- Food Trucks! El Churro Treats & Il Forno Vagabondo, 5:30-9 pm
- Western Wheel Cares 50/50 & Photo Booth
- Late Night Shopping until 9 pm
- Fudge and Kettle Corn for sale until 9 pm
from Lineham Park @ 9 pm!
Thanks to our sponsors
|Fireworks sponsored in part by||Smile Zone Orthodontics S’mores Station|
Free Glow Sticks
Southern Alberta Law Offices
Prairie Management & Realty