People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service.
The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
Reporting to the Programs, Culture & Heritage Manager, the Assistant Programmer is responsible for:
- Providing care and supervision to participants’ ranging from toddler to adult, including before and after school following the Child Care Licensing Act and Regulation for those of school age;
- Assist in teaching diverse, age appropriate programs;
- Collaborate with Programs team on the year-round day camp program;
- Maintain a clean/safe environment;
- Follow attendance/security procedures;
- Assist with Special Events as required.
What You Bring:
- Diploma or certificate in a related field;
- Minimum of 1 year practical experience working with children;
- Child Development Certification preferred;
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector required;
- First Aid/CPR required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Pension Plan
- Career development
- Flexible work schedule
- So much more!
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of education and designations along with a favorable criminal record check.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit a resume online through our career section. Postings close at midnight on the closing date listed below. We will not be able to accept late applications.
The Town of Okotoks is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Competition #: 3321P
Business Centre: Programs, Culture & Heritage
Position Type: Part-time (20 hours a week)
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Number of openings: 1
Deadline to apply: September 10 2021