The Town, joint-venture partner, Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools and project stakeholders Foothills School Division, Bow Valley College, the Okotoks Public Library and Community Futures Highwood, are pleased to share details about the Okotoks Arts and Learning Campus (OALC) project!
Construction is well-underway and an approximate timeline for the project milestones is as follows:
- Winter 2020: exterior completed/interior construction begins
- Summer 2021: campus interior complete/ready for opening
- Fall 2021: existing library building renovations begin
- Winter 2021: renovations complete for new Bow Valley College campus
- Spring 2022 – opening Ethel Tucker Centennial Park and outdoor plaza
Click the button below to review larger timeline image.
The vision for this project is inclusive of both the Town and stakeholders and guides the future of the project. Click the button below to read project vision.
This exciting and transformational project will increase vitality downtown and enhance the ability to offer post-secondary opportunities in the long-term. It will also create a strong anchor for this area and free-up potential tax generating commercial space along Elizabeth Street.
By anchoring the downtown, the OALC project aligns with Council’s strategic directions and reflects the foundations established in the Economic Development Strategic Plan and the Roger Brooks Action Plan to achieve a vibrant space that strengthens the downtown.
To review the updated renderings, site plans and FAQs, please see below.