The purpose of this park is to provide a fenced-in, leash free dog park where well-behaved canine companions can exercise and play in a clean, safe environment without endangering themselves or disturbing people, property or wildlife. The Okotoks Dog Park Off-Leash Area is open from sunrise to sunset. Please provide your own water!
Off Leash Park
Dog Park Rules
- By entering the Okotoks Dog Park you are acknowledging and agreeing to abide by the rules set out below.
- All dogs shall wear a visible dog license and identification tag.
- Dogs are the only “animal” permitted in the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Handlers must "scoop the poop" (Bylaw #18-08) and fill any holes dug by dogs under their control. (doggy bags and receptacles on-site)
- Dogs must be under the control and in view of their handler at all times.
- Spiked collars are prohibited.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times.
- Handlers must remove or muzzle dogs displaying aggressive tendencies.
- Handlers are limited to a maximum of three dogs. Registered Dog Handlers are limited to a maximum of six dogs, & must be identifiable while in the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No glass containers permitted.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.
- Anyone entering the Okotoks Dog Park does so at their own risk. The Town of Okotoks is not responsible for the safety of persons and/or dogs while in the Park, and shall not be liable to anyone for any injuries or damage suffered by any person or dog while in the Okotoks Dog Park.
- Other than dog treats, do not bring food into the park
- Do not play fetch while other dogs are nearby as this can create aggression