Updated June 29, 2020
The Town of Okotoks is working hard to re-open the Aquatics Centre in a phased approach, starting the week of July 6, to ensure the safety of residents and employees. It is important to realize that our facilities will look and feel different and we appreciate your patience as we work out all of the details. As part of the re-opening process, Aquatics Centre and Client Services hours have been modified as follows.
Tuesday – 6am – 2pm
Wednesday – 1pm – 9pm
Thursday – 6am – 2pm
Friday – 1pm – 9pm
Saturday – 10am – 6pm
Sunday/Monday – CLOSED
Tuesday/Thursday - 5:30 am – 1:30 pm
Wednesday/Friday - 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Saturdays - 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday/Monday – CLOSED
In this first phase of our re-opening strategy, we are excited to be able to offer all facility pass holders, and the general public, numerous aquatic activities and classes.
Activities and Classes Offered:
- 1 hour time slots for Lane swim, Cohort lane swim (maximum 10 people), Cohort leisure swim (maximum 10 people), Tethered in deep water & Moderate Aquafit (maximum 10 people)
Note: If you are a current pass holder, all classes/activities are included in your pass. You are still required to complete the class booking process, including Checkout for the activity. Please see specific activities for full pre-booking instructions. We encourage pre-booking for all classes as the Client Services will have reduced hours.
What you need to know before coming to the Aquatics Centre:
- Pre-booking is required for all aquatic activities either online at www.activeokotoks.ca (see specific activity for booking instructions) or by calling Client Services at 403-938-8954 as of July 2.
- Reduced Client Services hours as noted above, we encourage you to please utilize our online purchase options.
- Change rooms are used for access to the Aquatic Centre only. Please come dressed for your activity and leave dressed as you came. Dry areas will be available on the deck for clothing and bags. Please leave valuables at home.
Please do not attend our facilities if you or anyone in your household:
- Is feeling unwell and experiencing any of the symptoms outlined on the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist
- Has returned from travel outside of Canada in the previous 14 days.
- Have attended a program or had close unprotected contact (face-to-face contact within two-meters) with someone who is ill with cough and/or fever.
- Has been in close unprotected contact in the past 14 days with anyone who is being tested for or confirmed to have a case of COVID-19.
During typical operations, the Okotoks Recreation Centre's aquatic facility offers a variety of amenities and benefits, note that some of these services/amenities are not available at this time.
- 4 lane x 25m leisure pool (Swindells) with tot area
- 6 lane x 25m lap pool (Riley Minue)
- 40-person, wheelchair accessible hot tub
- Dry sauna
- 1m diving board, tarzan rope & inflatable toys
- Large change rooms and dedicated inclusive change room
- Viewing areas
- Easy access stairs
- Portable chair lifts
- Rental opportunities
Registered Programs and Drop-in Activities
We offer many swimming lesson options, as well as aqua-fitness classes, and a variety of swim times including public swims, as well as dedicated family, diversity, parent & tot, adult and lane swims. Note that there are no public swims or swimming lessons available at this time.