The Town of Okotoks' outdoor watering schedule is in effect annually from May 1 - October 31.
The outdoor watering schedule helps balance the high demand for water during the peak watering season.
Each address has a three hour watering period to utilize what may be convenient for you:
- the early morning schedule is from 6 to 9 a.m., or
- the evening schedule is from 7 to 10 pm.
Properties with automated irrigation systems are now to set their watering schedules between 2 and 5 a.m. on their permitted days.
Outdoor watering is permitted as follows:
Odd numbered addresses may water lawns: (Addresses ending in 1,3,5,7,9)
- Thursdays and/or Sundays
Even numbered addresses may water lawns: (Addresses ending in 0,2,4,6,8)
- Wednesdays and/or Saturdays
Watering may occur only during the following hours:
- 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM or
- 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- 2:00 AM - 5 AM Households with programmable water irrigation systems
Did you know:
- Hand watering flowers, vegetable gardens, trees and shrubs with a container or hose with a manual trigger nozzle is always permitted.
- You can apply for a water exemption permit if you have new sod or are growing from seed! Apply for an exemption permit