Thank you for visiting our new website! Please let us know what you like and how we can improve by completing the feedback form.
Blue Recycling Cart
Blue recycling cart sizes & options
The Town of Okotoks provides a 240L blue recycling cart as part of its cart collection program.
An additional cart can be requested based on household needs:
|Large (240L)||The large cart has a capacity of approximately four standard garbage bags*|
- Place carts with wheels touching curb
- Ensure carts are at least one metre (3 feet) from parked vehicles and fixed objects
- Leave enough space for you to walk around the carts
- Set the carts at the edge of back lane and allow one meter (3 feet) from any obstruction behind the cart (e.g. fence)
- Carts must NOT block lanes or roads
- Carts will NOT be collected from enclosures
- All carts must be placed out for collection no later than 7a.m. on your collection day
- Lids closed
- Carts must be returned to your property at the end of day
What goes inside your GREEN Organics Cart
Do you know how to properly dispose of your waste? Type the name of an item and we'll tell you how. A lot of your waste can be diverted from the landfill. It's easy!
- Type in the item you want to dispose of: candy wrapper, computer, paper, Styrofoam, paint, batteries etc.
- Hit the search button!
You can also access the What Goes Where directly from the Town's Mobile Waste App!