Safety Codes inspections are intended to ensure occupant safety and compliance with all relevant Town bylaws, provincial codes and the Alberta Safety Codes Act. Safety Codes officers verify that the work complies with safety standards and are able to assist if deficiencies are discovered with your project. By obtaining a permit and completing all inspections required, current and future owners can be assured that the project complies to provincial standards. Inspections are part of the permit process and are included in the application fees. Your permit is not completed until the work has passed the inspection process and issued a Permit Service Report (PSR). Permit Service Report Sample
Permit Inspection Booking
Please read carefully before booking an inspection.
- There must be someone over the age of 18 present if entry is required for the inspection.
- Please ensure any animals are secured and away from the inspection area.
- Inspections occur from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm during business days (Monday to Friday excluding Weekend and Statutory Holidays)
- To receive an inspection for the next business day, you must book BEFORE 1:00 pm the PREVIOUS business day. For example, book before 1:00 pm on Friday for a Monday inspection. Next day booking will all depend on the availability of inspectors.
- When you enter your permit number(8 Digit 20######), the system will automatically display the site location and the legal details. If this information differs from your permit number, please contact safetycodes .
Discipline Availability :
- The Building and HVAC inspections are conducted Monday to Friday from 8:00 am are to 4:00 pm.
- Plumbing, Gas and Electrical inspections are conducted on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- All inspections will be booked based on availability. Confirmation of inspection date will be confirmed by email.
Inspection Stages :
- Plumbing, Gas and Electrical inspections must be completed and closed before booking Building inspection. Except homeowner, they can be book inspection on the same day as long as all discipline is available on that day.
- All inspections are performed at the rough-in stage. Unless otherwise indicated by the inspector.
- All required inspections and required documentation must be submitted. A permit is deemed completed when the applicant receives a Permit Service Report. (link to sample PSR)
Inspection booking is made online for tracking purposes.
Submit VOC (Verification of Compliance) if all deficiencies noted indicated on the site inspection report have been completed in accordance with the Safety Codes Act.
** Please make sure to sign and date document before uploading**