Town of Okotoks and Foothills County Water Collaboration Update
The Foothills Okotoks Regional Water Project (Project), a partnership between the Town of Okotoks and Foothills County, continues to positively progress.
- The proposed water system includes a water main, reservoir, pump station, and intake.
- The location of the facilities have been determined through engineering analysis of costs, environmental considerations, and operational efficiencies.
- The Town has purchased a site for an above-ground raw water reservoir and pump station.
- Preliminary design work is complete.
- The Town of Okotoks has applied for a provincial grant for this project to share project capital costs amongst the Province, Town, and Foothills County.
- The proposed funding for municipal shares of the project could potentially be 100 percent financed through grants and off-site levies, which are charged to developers to pay for infrastructure required to support growth.