The Town of Okotoks has proclaimed Seniors’ Week as June 7-13, 2021. This week is an opportunity to honour, recognize and celebrate the importance of seniors in the community and all that they do to help make Okotoks stronger together.
The Town and its planning partners invite seniors from across the community to join in the week's events and activities. Watch for these highlights:
- Celebration bag giveaway: Okotoks seniors 65+ can sign up online or by calling 403-995-2773 to receive a free celebration bag filled with tons of fun items. Registration closes at noon on June 4, pick up details provided upon registration.
- Free Tim Hortons treats: On Wednesday, June 9 from 8 a.m. to noon, seniors are invited to stop by any Okotoks Tim Hortons for a free hot beverage and cookie.
- Bagpipe entertainment: On Friday, June 11, two members of the Foothills Caledonia Youth Pipe Band will play bagpipes outside of local seniors’ residences including the Sandstone Lodge, Tudor Manor and the Heartland for those living in the facilities.
- Daily online activities: Throughout the week, seniors are encouraged to participate in daily virtual culture experiences, RPAC@Home concerts and fitness courses.
- Read stories of resilience: As part of Project SOS: Share Our Stories, seniors were invited to share their stories about a difficult time in their life and how they overcame it. Read the inspiring stories at okotoks.ca/SOS.
The Town extends a warm thank you to its seniors who continue to build the community by supporting family members and friends, assisting charities and volunteering their time. The Town encourages all residents to recognize seniors and remind them of the important role they play in our community with the ‘Thank a Senior’ card. Download and print the thank you card at okotoks.ca/SeniorsWeek, add a personal message and drop it off to a senior in the community.
Thank you to the planning partners who helped make this week’s celebrations possible: Westwinds Communities, Revera the Heartland, Tudor Manor, Adult Day Program and Okotoks Seniors Club.
Full details on all Seniors’ Week activities can be found at okotoks.ca/SeniorsWeek.