Updated February 19 | 4:30 PM
Okotoks residents can now register for eight swim programs being offered by the Okotoks Aquatic Centre, with classes beginning in March.
These programs will help swimmers get back in the pool for in-water experience and level placement; level completion may occur but is not the focus. These programs can help regain confidence in the water and improve swimming abilities, as many swimmers have been out of the pool for extended lengths of time due to COVID-19.
All eight programs consist of four sessions.
Registration is now open for:
- Parent & Programs: 40-minutes of instruction
- Parent and Tot
- Parent and Preschool
- Parent and Swim to Survival
- Swim Abilities
- Unparented Programs:
- Stroke Improvement A
- Stroke Improvement B
- Fitness Swimmer
Parented Programs and Stroke Improvements are $35.68.Fitness Swimmer programs are $38.24.
Classes will be added based on demand, and waitlists will be created when programs are filled.
Visit activeokotoks.ca for further details.
While recreational and cultural facilities remain closed to the general public, the Town is excited to offer 4 additional pre-arranged bookable opportunities in our arenas, pools and gymnasium, in alignment with provincial health measures to ease public health restrictions.
NEW! To ensure the safe re-opening of our facilities for patrons and staff we must ask that all non-household members maintain 3-metre physical distancing from others at all times and no spectating is permitted (with the exception of assisted parent/guardian).
Activities and programs that are being offered include:
- Bookable household rentals: 1-hour time slots are available for the pool, gymnasium and the arenas. Max of 2 hours/household/day. Pre-book online at activeokotoks.ca
- Registered programs: all fitness programs that are offered virtually will continue to be offered through an online platform.
- Natural High Fitness Centre: is open for pre-booked individual or household personal training. To book contact Natural High directly.
- Walking track: at Pason Arenas remains closed
- Group Training: For all one-on-one training or youth group training rental opportunities in the gymnasium, arenas and pool, please email one of our Booking Administrators for details and opportunities.
The Town of Okotoks will be allowing controlled access to recreation facilities for booked, private one-on-one fitness activities. This access aligns with Step One of the Alberta government’s easing of public health restrictions which are expected to start on February 8.
Recreational and cultural facilities will remain closed to the general public except for confirmed pre-arranged bookings.
General guidelines for facility access:
- Bookings are for one-on-one training/instructional basis only. One-on-one means one person to one coach or members of one household to one coach.
- A professional and certified coach/trainer/instructor must be present at all times. They must provide active instruction. Passive supervision is not considered training and therefore is not allowed under the current provincial restrictions.
- Coach/participant pair must remain within assigned areas and maintain physical distancing.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Athletes may remove masks only while performing their activity.
- All bookings must be pre-booked through recreation staff. Residents, coaches and trainers can inquire and arrange a booking after February 8.
- Specific facility and activity procedures/restrictions will be provided at the time of booking.
- Individual parental supervision for children under the age of 16 can be arranged at the time of booking.
- The Town is working directly with executive members of individual sports organizations and school divisions for school-based sports.
- Okotoks Recreation Centre facility passes are currently on hold and will not be reinstated at this time.
The Aquatics Centre staff will offer one-hour, one-on-one swim session opportunities only; sessions are not available to members of the same household. Lane swim remains closed.
Participants must be eight years of age or older; spectators are not encouraged. To inquiry about possible exemptions, contact aquatics.
Arena bookings will be available for full ice only.
Gymnasium bookings will be available in a full gym or half gym. Users must provide their own equipment.
For booking information, visit activeokotoks.ca
Fee Assistance Program
For residents that are part of the fee assistance program, call 403-938-8954. Assistance will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Other Municipal Facilities
Okotoks Art Gallery, Okotoks Museum, Rotary Performing Arts Centre and Foothills Centennial Centre, as well as the Municipal Centre, Operations Centre and Fire Stations, including the walking track, remain closed.
Town recreation updates are available at: www.okotoks.ca/covid-recreation-updates
Provincial restriction information is available at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx