With the weather getting nicer, everyone is eager to get outside. Town parks, the pathway system, open spaces and the off-leash dog park are still accessible, however it is imperative that physical distancing be maintained. Please be considerate of others and help to keep each other safe and healthy, especially since there will be more people out and about:
- Maintain proper 2 metre physical distance when out in all public spaces – this includes pathways, in parks, open spaces, the off-leash dog park and sidewalks
- Large get-togethers both in and outdoors are not allowed during this time; limit gatherings to immediate household members only.
- As pathways are busier than ever, and everyone is sharing the space, a reminder to cyclists to please use your bells to let others know you are there
- Ensure you do not litter as others cannot safely clean up after you. Pick up after your dog and keep parks, pathways, open spaces and off-leash park clean by properly disposing of litter and pet waste into the appropriate receptacles
- Remember to wash your hands frequently, especially once you get home from being in a public space
Sports fields remain closed for all group bookings and gatherings. At this time, sports field use is only permitted for immediate family members following all Alberta Health Services public health orders. For example, playing catch with members of your own family is allowed.
Thank you for doing your part to flatten the curve, protect each other from this virus and keep our outdoor spaces safe and clean; remember, we are in this together! For more information visit www.okotoks.ca/COVID-19.