The Town of Okotoks is developing an Area Structure Plan (ASP) for the northeast area of the Town of Okotoks, to establish policy for Okotoks’ northeast employment lands, to accommodate a range of light to medium industrial and commercial land uses intended to capitalize on proximity to Highway 2, and a future interchange at Highway 2 and 338 Avenue.
The following provides information about the North Point Area Structure Plan, the rationale, process and engagement opportunities for all interested parties to provide feedback on the proposed ASP. Please check back regularly for project updates.
The North Point ASP will establish:
- Proposed land uses and densities within the plan area;
- Expectations for existing and future development within the plan;
- A strategy to establish and evolve a variety of industrial and commercial types of businesses within the Plan area that reflects future market demand and the availability of transportation and utility servicing infrastructure;
- A strategy to establish a coordinated approach to urban design along 338th Avenue to provide an attractive gateway corridor for the Town;
- Policies to guide the phasing of industrial and commercial development based on available water and sewer servicing capacity and transportation access; and,
- Policies that seek to preserve and enhance lands with environmental and/or historical sensitivities.