Students living in the rural area around Okotoks walked or rode their horses to one of the 10 one-room schools that existed in this district. Davisburg School was the earliest school to open in 1888 with Cameron Coulee School being the most recent to open in 1921. Between 1937 and 1954, all the rural schools closed and students were bused to the town school in Okotoks. This exhibit explores the history of these one-room schools and features some amusing stories from past students and teachers.
This exhibit is located on the second floor of the museum.