Building a strong community starts with you and your neighbours. Neighbourhoods are the hearts of our communities.
Celebrate Okotoks' Neighbour Day by getting to know the people you live beside.
Neighbour Day provides the opportunity for Okotokians to celebrate our community spirit, kindness and resilience.
We encourage our residents to share their neighbour day activities on social media to show other communities what a great neighborhood we live in, using #OkotoksNeighbourDay.
Enter the photo contest: Send your neighbour day pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a raffle prize! Prizes include #okotoksstrongertogether SWAG and a $25 gift card to a locally owned and operated business.
- Invite a small group of nearby neighbours for a backyard or driveway get-together
- Set up a neighbourhood scavenger hunt
- Decorate your windows, fence or patio
- Go for a walk in small groups to explore your neighbourhood and local parks
- Organize a meal or BBQ
- Communal sidewalk chalk art
- DIY plans to build neighborhood little libraries.
- Friendly competitions: best lemonade stand, yard decorating, best sauces/food items, best sidewalk chalk murals (individual and collective)
- Dance party on the Street
- Order take out from local restaurants and eat in your yard/street/front porches with other neighbours
- Create an "I Love my Neighbourhood Because..." board and fill it in with neighbours and friends
- Neighbourhood Bingo- create bingo sheets that ask neighbours to find other neighbours that have certain skills (sewing, carpentry, musical, childminding, canning, etc)
- Coffee with a neighbour
- Host a Neighbourhood wine and cheese night
- Host a Neighbourhood card game tournament
- Host a canning gathering
- Host a garden bed making workshop
- Create a little lending shack/network for tools, outdoor gear, toys etc.
- Have a karaoke or neighbourhood trivia night
- Organize a street hockey game
- Organize a neighbourhood clean-up
- Morning walk or hike
- Have an afternoon tea in the park
- Host a talent show or porch concert