Discover the art of crafting homemade yogurt from cow's milk. As an alternative to store-bought yogurt, this practice reduces the amount of plastic being created and consumed and provides a food source that supports healthy gut flora. By making one’s own food, participants will gain skills to help increase their food security and save on groceries! Additionally, it contributes to a reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, as keeping yogurt production at home decreases the carbon footprint associated with commercial production.
When: November 22, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Who: Kirsti and Katie with Connections Nature School
Where: Environmental Education Centre and online! Hybrid presentation. Register for the workshop and let us know if you will be attending in person or online.
- Learn about food safety for DIY food preparation.
- Discover the essential equipment and tools required for homemade probiotics.
- A quick review of the history of food preservation, connecting tradition with modern practice.
- Dive into the basics of fermentation, unlocking the magic of probiotics.
- Explore a variety of yogurt-making strategies for all skill levels.
- Take home a valuable handout with step-by-step instructions and expert tips.
Don't miss out on this chance to embrace sustainability, nurture your gut health, and empower your kitchen skills!