Age-Friendly Okotoks Subcommittee
Okotoks is striving to become more age-friendly to meet the needs of those over 65, a fast-growing population. This initiative will promote healthy and active aging, help seniors to maintain their independence, and ensure they are engaged as active participants in all aspects of community life.
A citizen engaged committee will lead the Okotoks Age-Friendly Community initiative.
There are eight key focus areas the Age-Friendly Okotoks subcommittee will focus its action on:
- Outdoor spaces and buildings
- Social participation
- Respect and social inclusion
- Civic participation and employment
- Communication and information
- Community support and health services