What Goes to the Eco Centre
See What Goes Where below to find out current information on what items the Eco Centre accepts. You can also access What Goes Where directly from the Town's Mobile Waste App!
These drop-off areas are for resident use only and are not intended for commercial operators. Local contractors can contact the Foothills Regional Landfill and Resource Recovery Centre for disposal options.
Access to the Eco Centre and the drop off areas are only available during normal operating hours.
The Eco Centre is a great option for dropping off common recycling items, or when bulky items won’t fit in your blue cart. You can take these items and much more to the Eco Centre:
- Plastics (#1-7)
- Paper and corrugated cardboard
- Glass (clean/label removed)
- Metal (cans, tin foil, jar lids)
Household Hazardous Waste
Not everything can be placed in your blue cart, but all recyclables deserve a second chance. Many items that aren’t collected at your curb can still be recycled at the Okotoks Eco Centre, including household hazardous waste:
- Alkaline & rechargeable batteries
- Car batteries
- Clothing, footwear, and household linens
- Compact florescent light (CFL) bulbs/tubes
- Empty motor oil containers
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Paint & aerosol paints
- Styrofoam (polystyrene) packing foam
- Single-use coffee pods (i.e. Keurig K-cups)
- Spray triggers & pumps from cleaning bottles