Frozen contents may not empty. Below are some tips to help prevent contents in your green organics cart from freezing:
- Layer your cart with newspaper
- Bag or wrap wet material in a paper bag, flyers or newspaper
- Freeze your food scraps in your freezer before putting it in your green cart
- Shelter your green cart against your home, in a shed or garage until it's time to set it out at the curb for collection
All food, pet and yard waste are accepted in the green organics cart.
Frequency of collection
- Weekly from May to the end of October
- Every two weeks from November to the end of April.
Green organics carts are picked up on your household's designated waste collection day. Please refer to the collection schedule for more information.
Green organics cart sizes & options
The Town of Okotoks provides a standard 120L green organics cart as part of its cart collection program.
A large (240L) green organics cart option is also available to meet varying household needs: