The Town Utility Bill Has a New Look
2018 Utility Rate Structure (Bi-Monthly Charges)
- Residential Water Basic: $16.05
- Residential Water Metered Consumption: $1.55/cubic metres water for the first 23 cubic metres, $1.90/cubic metres for water consumed between 24-68 cubic metres and more than 68 cubic metres, $2.55/cubic metres for water consumed in excess of 68 cubic metres per billing period.
- Residential Sewer Basic: $16.00
- Residential Sewer Metered: $2.10/cubic metres of water consumed per billing period.
- Consumption charge to an individual dwelling unit without a meter $110.00 per billing period.
- Residents who have chosen not to have the new Smart Meter System installed in their household will be charged a manual water meter reading fee of $16.78 per billing period.
Water used for irrigation purposes will be exempt from the sewer consumption charge on the condition that a separate water meter that measures only irrigation water must be installed and approved as per the Town’s specifications. (for multi unit only)
Storm Sewer Fixed Rate: $12.00 Mandatory charge
The philosophy is straight forward……the more you use, the more you pay.
For information on Waste Services Fees (i.e. garbage, recycling, organics), please click here.