The Town of Okotoks is updating the Municipal Development Plan (MDP) and we need your help! This important plan will guide Okotoks' growth and development long-term and identify how to achieve our community vision. In order to complete this complex task, we require information from all Town departments and, of course, from you, our residents. Thank you for your input, we truly appreciate your participation in this essential project!
What is a Municipal Development Plan (MDP)?
The MDP is one of the Town’s most essential strategic plans and is used by Council and staff to make decisions about land use, infrastructure investment, and community service priorities. The MDP will guide future planning decisions like:
- Where should new development go and what form will it take?
- How can we create more local jobs?
- What does sustainability mean for Okotoks, and how can we encourage innovation that is also practical and realistic?
- How can we conserve our natural areas and water resources as growth and development occur?
- What types of housing do existing and future residents need, and how we can encourage more affordable housing?
- How can we make it easy for everyone to get around Okotoks?
- How can we reduce our emissions and energy use and plan for climate change?
- How can we create quality places that reflect Okotoks’ identity and are safe and welcoming for people of all ages and abilities?
Interested in jobs and economy in Okotoks? Join us in the first of a series of public workshops to further explore key policies – don’t miss this important opportunity to share your thoughts on how to support local jobs and businesses. We look forward to seeing you there!
Okotoks MDP: Jobs & Economy Public Workshop
October 17, 2018
7:30am - 10:00am (breakfast & networking 7:30am; workshop 8:00am)
Foothills Centennial Centre, #4-204 Community Way, Okotoks
RSVP by October 15 by clicking the button below:
What is the Project Timing?
The Town is asking residents, business owners, stakeholders and community groups to weigh in on how community strengths can be built upon while planning for the future. In each phase there will be opportunities for you to learn more, attend an event, and provide feedback.
- In Phase 1, the process began with a fun, interactive public event and questionnaire to ask about priorities and big ideas for the future.
- Now in Phase 2, we will further explore key policy options and trade-offs; take part in the upcoming workshop!
- In Phase 3, all the feedback received to date will be used to develop a draft of the updated MDP and will be brought back to the community to make sure we are on the right track before it is presented to Council for approval.