Are you someone who enjoys helping out in the local community and connecting with fellow residents? Become an Green Ambassador! The Green Ambassador volunteer position is a fantastic way for proactive citizens to engage with fellow members of the community through action and education.
- Help event attendees sort waste into the appropriate waste station bin (i.e. blue recycling bin, green organics bin, and black landfill bin)
- Educate event attendees on proper waste disposal and strategies
- Help with kid crafts at busy Town events
- Help Conservation Educators with set up and take down at Green Living events or Town events.
*These are dependent on the type of event. Orientation and Training will be provided prior to each event (safety, sorting, common questions/concerns, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications
- Basic knowledge and understanding of recyclable and compostable items
- Able to properly sort waste into bins to avoid contamination and keep organics and recyclables out of the landfill
- Strong people skills
- Ability to maintain a friendly demeanor as attendees approach event waste stations
- Have a positive impact on the Town of Okotoks' local community and environment
- Gain valuable experience interacting with the general public, working in the environmental sector, and working at large events
- Learn about recycling and organic waste diversion strategies that are occurring in and around Okotoks
- Contact with harmful waste
Dress Code at Events
- Weather appropriate clothing and supplies:
- Rain = jacket, boots, umbrella, etc.
- Sunny/Hot = water bottle (fill up stations provided at events), sunscreen (some will be provided), hat, sunglasses, etc.
- Comfortable shoes/footwear for all weather types
- Additional necessary attire and supplies provided.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, or if you require more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 403-938-8936 or by email.