The Town of Okotoks is developing a Parks, Leisure and Recreation Master Plan that will provide an overall framework to guide the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of parks and recreation programs, services, and facilities for the next 10 to 20 years. In order to develop this plan it is important to gather the thoughts of area residents.
- Circumstances under which new services are added and the associated timing and costs.
- Circumstances related to upgrading and retrofitting existing infrastructure including associated timing and costs.
- Identification of cost impacts related to parks and recreation land acquisition.
- Identification of how partnerships can influence service delivery.
- Identification of new practices to grow services and capacity.
- Update of the current parks and pathways classification system.
- Identification of new parks and recreation infrastructure to accommodate growth.
- Recommendation on a future service delivery model for parks and recreation considering other service providers and affordability.
- Identification of funding strategies for future parks and recreation projects.
The Master Plan provides direction in these key topic areas. It also provides the Town and its partners with tools to revisit and refresh priorities as the community grows and evolves. The Master Plan sits at a strategic level and provides long-term direction by providing frameworks and systems to guide overall provision. Tactical and project specific planning are likely to stem from the Master Plan for specific facility and program initiatives.