The change rooms at the Okotoks Recreation Centre can be accessed either by a swipe pass or by having the door lock released by a Client Services staff member.
For all pool users, Client Services will admit users to any Family, Public, or Parent & Tot swim at 5 minutes before the scheduled start time. This ensures the protection and safety of all pool users by:
- allowing previous pool users to leave the facility in a safe and timely manner
- allowing current users to enter the change rooms with ease
- allowing for the appropriate amount of time for patrons to change and enter the pool without waiting
Preventing Theft & Protecting Valuables
The Okotoks Recreation Centre wants to remind all users about preventing theft in the change rooms. Individual locker doors and/or locks can be tampered with or forced, so here are a few tips to help you protect valuables.
- Leave valuables at home whenever possible
- Lock up personal effects and valuables every time
- Use the FREE wallet lockers in the lobby for small purses, wallets, car keys, cell phones and other small valuables. These are directly across from the Client Services desk in a highly visible and safe location
- Use a complimentary bag in the boot area outside the change rooms to wrap up boots and shoes so they can be secured in a locker
- Report suspicious behaviour to any staff member