As directed by Council, Administration has reviewed the I3 (Industrial) District and has proposed a series of amendments to increase opportunities for new and expanding businesses in the area.
Proposed Land Use Bylaw Changes: Industrial (I3) District
The proposed changes to the I3 district are based on the currently regulatory framework as it exists today and are intended to serve as an interim measure to facilitate additional development until the comprehensive re-write of the land use bylaw is completed.
New Permitted Uses
Current Discretionary Uses Moved to Permitted
New Discretionary Uses
|Retail Stores have NOT been added as a Principal Use in the District|
- Administration successfully negotiated amendments to a restrictive covenant that affects the lands, which now allows for consideration of a broader range of uses to be added to the district;
- To address concerns expressed by landowners regarding difficulty in filling vacant space due to the limited number of uses allowed in the district;
- To serve as an interim measure to increase opportunities for additional development on I3 lands in advance of the comprehensive Land Use Bylaw re-write currently underway.
- To increase opportunities for commercial and industrial development while maintaining the ability to use the lands for light and medium industrial uses
- To support business retention, expansion and attraction in the I3 Land Use District
- To facilitate the growth of non-residential tax assessment
The Town thanks those who participated in the I3 engagement for providing their comments. The feedback received indicated support of the proposed amendments.