Nominations from the public for the 2019 Hall of Fame are crucial to the success of the awards and will be accepted until September 12, 2019.
The Okotoks Hall of Fame recognizes and honours Okotoks` most outstanding citizens in the areas of arts and culture, and sports; as well as those who have made long-standing and significant contributions to the community. The Town is encouraging members of the public to submit nominations for an individual, group, team or organization who has achieved the highest standards of excellence or made extraordinary contributions in one of these categories.
“Community participation in the nomination process is critical to the success of this program – all those who have been inducted into the Hall of Fame are there because someone from this community took the time to nominate them,” says Mayor Bill Robertson. “We know there are still outstanding individuals from Okotoks who deserve to be recognized, and we urge the community to help identify and nominate them for this prestigious award.”
Nominations will be reviewed by the Hall of Fame subcommittee. As many as seven inductees may be selected for induction. The Okotoks Hall of Fame is permanently located at the Okotoks Recreation Centre. In the past five years, 14 individuals have been inducted into the Hall of Fame:
- Marg Cox - Community Service: Community Builder (2017)
- Bill McAlpine - Community Service: Community Builder (2017)
- Paul Rockley - Community Service: Community Builder (2017)
- John Price - Sports: Community Builder (2017)
- Greg Wedderburn - Sports: Community Builder (2015)
- Shirley Paradis - Arts and Culture: Community Builder (2015)
- Dr. Doyle ‘Doc' Mullaney – Sports: Athlete (2014)
- Davis Edels – Community Services: Community Builder (2014)
- Jim ‘Bearcat' Murray – Award of Distinction (2014)
- Annabelle (Murray) McLean – Sports: Athlete (2014)
- Bill ‘Cowboy’ Flett – Sports: Athlete (2013)
- Brad Banister – Sports: Community Builder (2013)
- Ray Watrin – Sports: Athlete & Community Builder (2013)
- Tracie Ward – Arts & Culture: Community Builder (2013)
2019 Hall of Fame inductees will be announced at an Awards Ceremony this Fall.
Full nomination guidelines and criteria, as well as online and print nomination forms can be found on the Hall of Fame page.