The Town of Okotoks offers two subsidized transportation services to residents including the Community Access (Taxi) program and the Volunteer Driver program. Eligible residents may access certain Town-operated programs and services at a reduced cost or for free.
The Town of Okotoks wishes to ensure that Okotoks residents who are seniors (60 years of age and over) and adults with permanent disabilities are able to remain active participants in the community. A subsidy is provided to a contracted taxi company for each trip taken and provides users with a reduced taxi fare.
The Community Access Program is facilitated by Okotoks Family and Community Support Services.
To apply for the program:
- Contact the FCSS Assistant at 403-995-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Download and complete the Community Access Program Application; or
- Pick up an application form from the Okotoks Recreation Centre, Okotoks Municipal Centre, or the Okotoks Family Resource Centre.
Where do you drop off your form?
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at one of the following locations:
Call COWBOY TAXI at 403-590-1779
- Please book out of town trips at least 24 hours in advance, whenever possible.
- Taxi users who qualify for this reduced rate must have a current Community Access Program Identification card.
- Taxi users show their card to the driver and sign a receipt at the end of each trip.
- Trips to the airport are not eligible for this program.
Eligible trips under the Community Access Program include:
Round trips from Okotoks to Calgary
One way trips into Calgary
The Town of Okotoks pays the balance of your fare, according to the 2017-2018 agreement with COWBOY TAXI. The Community Access Program has a limited budget and is not funded sufficiently to provide daily trips for everyone. Cardholders will be notified if trips are approaching the maximum allowed.
The Volunteer Driver Program is a supportive program for adults (18+) living in Okotoks who require assistance with transportation to medical appointments. Volunteer Drivers provide safe, free and reliable transportation for residents who would otherwise struggle to meet this need.
All drive requests are managed through the Okotoks Family Resource Centre. Contact the Centre to discuss your needs and learn more about the program. As much notice as possible when requesting drives is appreciated in order to communicate needs to the pool of Volunteer Drivers.