Work without pay? Yes!
Volunteering may be one of the most valuable experiences of your life. It’s a double win: your community or cause benefits from your work and you benefit from your experiences.
Be a part of shaping your future!
Community involvement builds self-esteem, enhances academic performance, and provides a means of exploring potential careers. Volunteering helps develop leadership and citizenship skills, values, and attitudes that you will need to build a positive future, and gives you great experience and skills to add to your resume.
Many schools and community organizations are now requiring young people to volunteer. Often volunteer experience encourages you to look at options that you haven't considered before. College and University applications may require volunteer experience as a condition of acceptance.
Do you have Service Hours that need to be completed for Graduation? Give us a call and we help you!
- A great way to get work experience! Learn new skills by trying new jobs.
- You might find something you’d like to do for a living, or at the very least, discover what you don`t like!
- Meet people who can give you guidance and possibly help you to find a paid job later on.
- Employers will be impressed that you took the initiative to learn new things.
- Learn how a charitable organization works.
- Best of all, you will be taking action to promote what you think is important and probably be helping someone else along the way.
The Okotoks Volunteer Resource Centre recruits youth between the ages of 12 and 17 years. Contact us to find the right volunteer opportunity for you!