We encourage residents across the community to head outside at 7 PM EVERY FRIDAY to collectively recognize all healthcare and front line workers. Same time, same place – front yards/front porch & driveways, 7 PM!
Please note: there is NO vehicle parade around Town; this is an initiative for residents to come together (at a distance), cheer and celebrate frontline workers within their own neighbourhoods.
This Friday, May 15th head outside and show your Canadian pride! This week get out your sports jerseys (any sport will do!) and hockey sticks to make some noise as part of our weekly ‘Ignite the Light’ salute to front line workers. Blast the Hockey Night in Canada theme song, tap those hockey sticks and cheer for our frontline workers like it’s the Stanley Cup final! Posting your videos and photos to Facebook or Instagram with #OkotoksStrongerTogether and show your neighbourhood spirit!
Get your cheer on and rally your neighbours!
- Step outside and shine a light – porch light, flash lights, light sabers all welcome!
- Start cheering and make a pile of noise! Bring your pots and pans, noisemakers, musical instruments, turn on the tunes, and honk horns. MAKE SOME NOISE!
- Take videos and photos of how you are cheering on our first responders, health care and front line workers
- Post them to social media using #OkotoksStrongerTogether
- And…maybe tag a friend, neighbour or someone you know who is a first responder, health care or frontline worker and deserves a giant THANK YOU!
We are in this together. We will get through this together! Let’s help protect those who are on the front lines every day. As a part of our appreciation, we remind you to stay home as much as possible.
Feel free to do this every night at 7 PM, the more often the better!