Activity & Theme- “It’s a Party”. This year, the Okotoks Children’s Festival will celebrate 30 years, so let’s have a party! We encourage you to plan your activities and booth décor around the bright and fun party theme, and be sure to have fun with your own dress on the day! Some favorites include: face painting, clay sculpture, sun catchers, masks, hats, jewelry, puppets, button making, “stained glass”, origami, lanterns, dot art, pet rocks, printmaking, science experiments, etc. There are many ideas on the internet and Pinterest…be as creative as you like. If you cannot think of an activity and would like some suggestions, please ask us for some ideas, contact us at 403.938.3204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitating an activity at the event-
- Load In and Out: Northridge Drive access to Riverside Drive is closed at 9am on the day of the event. You must be parked in the library parking lot prior to the road closing, no exceptions.
- Vehicles are permitted to park in the library parking lot, no vehicles parked on the road or right in front of Ethel Tucker Park.
- You must produce a FREE arts-related activity or performance that fits the party theme at your booth from 12-3 pm. No early packups, even if you run out of supplies. You must remain for the entire event. Attendance at Children’s Festival is @2500-3000 people. Your activity should be prepared for at least 100 children to participate.
- You can market your own art/craft at this event, but no sales of merchandise allowed. All activities are provided free of charge for the children of our community.
- Your booth must be decorated to go with the theme and “festively.”
- You must provide your own tent. Tents and displays must be secured/anchored. Tents must have either 25 pounds of weight on each tent leg or 4 tent pegs secured into the ground.
- We can provide tables (6 foot long) and chairs for you, you must have them requested on your application form.
- Power is NOT available. All generators on site must be approved ahead of time, enclosed or equipped with noise mitigating equipment.
- Waste Management: Vendors are responsible for cleaning up around their booth and removing all garbage. Do not use any Styrofoam products. Please use products that can be recycled or composted.
- Vendors must comply with all applicable regulations/codes such as fire, health, etc.
- Placement of vendors will be at the discretion of the organizers.
Payment- The agreed-upon amount for your services, including your supplies in your booth, is $150.00. Contracts will be sent out after your application is approved. Cheques or EFT will be sent to you 30 days after the event.