The Town of Okotoks is offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service. The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution”, which empower employees to focus on organizational outcomes and support a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Purchasing Specialist to join our team to coordinate and manage purchase of goods, services and construction in accordance with strategy, applicable laws, policies and procedures. This position will assist with refining specifications and assess risks in order to develop Request for Proposals and other competitive bid processes. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, and working with the Senior Purchasing Specialist, the Purchasing Specialist is responsible for:
- Acting as subject matter expert on public purchasing best practices, applicable case law, legislation related competitive bidding, the Municipal Government Act, the New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA), the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), the Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA), and other Provincial Statutes;
- Providing general on-going training for staff regarding existing purchasing practices, software, legislation, policies and procedures;
- Provide procurement and contract management services for a variety of goods, services and construction across the organization;
- Contract administration, negotiation, performance monitoring, and dispute resolution;
- Provide oversight and reporting of purchase of purchase orders and associated reports in the Town’s financial system.
What You Bring
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is equivalency to:
- University (Bachelor) Program involving acquisition of an advanced understanding of complex concepts and procedures. This training is often recognized by a degree in supply chain management, logistics, economics or accounting;
- Related Designation (CPPO, CPPB, or SCMP) is preferred;
- 3 or more years of related work experience representing continuous learning;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and financial systems;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build solid relationships.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, paramedical benefit plans
- An excellent pension plan
- Career development
- Flexible work schedule
- Hybrid – remote/on-site
- So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position.
Business Centre Corporate Finance
Position Type Full-time
Compensation $88,075-97,061 annually
Standby Rotation Required No
Hours of Work 37.5
Number of Openings 1
Work Location Hybrid (on-site and remote)
Police Record Check Required Yes
Driver’s Abstract Required No
Deadline to Apply February 11, 2024
The Town is dedicated to cultivating a workplace that embraces respect, inclusivity, and equity, mirroring the diverse community we serve. Upholding the core values of Diversity, Equity, Inclusiveness, and Accessibility is our unwavering commitment. The Town of Okotoks prides itself on being an inclusive workplace, inviting applications from all qualified candidates. If you are contacted by The Town regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated.
We will only reach out to those selected for an interview. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
If you have any questions or require any accommodations, please contact us through our online contact form.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume through our online application by the closing date listed. We will not accept late applications.