The Town is a progressive corporation offering a challenging and dynamic workplace where collaboration, open communication, and teamwork assist us in providing exceptional customer service. As someone who is interested in working here, you likely feel the same way.
Come work with us!
Our employees are the foundation of the organization! The high quality and value of services delivered in Okotoks comes directly from Town employees. We provide the groundwork that is critical to preserving and enhancing the qualities that make Okotoks a special place to work and live. If you are looking to be part of continuous improvement and providing quality customer service, then working here may be the right fit for you!
The Town of Okotoks values diverse skills, experiences and perspectives which fosters an innovative and collaborative environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We couldn't accept your hard work without showing our gratitude in some way. Employees are provided a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes a conventional system of base pay plus employee benefits. We also offer several opportunities for additional rewards for extraordinary performance.
- Employee Basic Life Insurance
- Optional Employee and Spousal Insurance
- Employee Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Health Spending Account
- Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
See more perks under the next tab.
Reflect on the benefits you'll earn as a Town of Okotoks employee, and then apply for your career opportunity. We strive to assist employees in balancing work and family life through initiatives such as alternative work arrangements, including flexible hours (when possible and practical). Our corporate culture is friendly and community minded, with the majority of our employees living in the Okotoks area. This allows them to enjoy the high quality of life within the community and surrounding Foothills region.
In addition to comprehensive health and wellness benefits, you deserve other perks to make your life a little easier and more enjoyable. It's not just your health we're looking out for.
- Free parking
- Computer purchase program
- Incentives for use of community and recreation and fitness facilities
Yes, it's a tired expression, but it's true: those who work hard, play hard. Our employees do like to take a break and spend some non-work time together.
- Annual staff appreciation during the holiday season
- Stampede BBQ
- Heart & Stroke Big Bike Challenge
- Halloween pumpkin carving competition
- Gingerbread house decorating competition
- A Social Club that provides opportunities to socialize at outside of work events
Our employees are also a giving bunch – many volunteer in the community, and we all play our part to support the Town of Okotoks culture.
Community & Culture
We're evolving, so change here is almost constant. We all take the opportunity to embrace change everyday, both at work, and in the community.
Our vibrant and growing town has many things to offer: shorter commutes, unique shopping and dining opportunities, a thriving cultural community, abundant outdoor pathways and parks, extensive recreational facilities, and inviting, family-oriented neighbourhoods.
Town culture: our employees are the cornerstone of the organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever-growing environment with an awesome group of people.
- Continuous improvement, customer service, and teamwork are important here.
- The size of our organization gives you diversity of work that will impact the community. While we are growing, we are always connected to each other. Access to other employees is easy if you need advice, support or answers.
- Your voice will be heard. Engagement and satisfaction surveys, various committees, and meet & greets with all team members are all avenues for feedback.
- A safe and healthy work environment.
- Meaningful and interesting positions and projects.
- An inclusive workplace that respects diversity and individual contributions.
- Caring, positive and supportive work teams.
- Recognition for outstanding performance.
The Town of Okotoks is dedicated to providing a range of quality services and programs designed to maintain a high quality of life for our community. Providing services & programs for a diverse population of nearly 30,000 residents requires a wide variety of occupations to deliver them.
Our workforce is dynamic and we have many exciting opportunities ahead of us ! New facilities, services & programs, technology and ideas have changed the face of the corporation. Join us in challenging the status-quo! View our current careers to find examples of what we have to offer.
The Town offers challenging and rewarding careers—below is a sample what we offer:
Corporate Support Services
- Municipal Centre Client Representative
- Finance/Accounting (CGA, CMA)
- Specialists - Payroll, AP/AR, Taxes, Insurance, Risk Management
- IT Specialists - Systems Analysts, GIS, Mapping, Network & Website Administrators
- Human Resources Specialists
- Communications Specialists
- Support staff for all teams (administrative assistants, reception, clerical, etc.)
- Recreation Services Specialists
- Lifeguards, Swimming & Fitness Instructors
- Arena Workers
- Volunteer Coordinators
- Community Programs & Special Event Coordinators
- Culture & Historical Specialists
- Engineers - Civil, Project and Engineering P.Eng & Technologists
- Planners - Community, Development and Subdivision
- Economic Development Specialists
- Building Safety Code Officer
- Property Assessors
- Transportation Operators (roads)
- Parks Specialists - Landscapers, Horticulture, Turf, Irrigation, Arborculture
- Solid Waste & Recycling (Eco Centre) Operators
- Heavy Duty Mechanics & Fleet Specialists
- Administrative Specialists - utility billing, cemetery
- Facility Maintenance
- Municipal Enforcement Officers
- How are positions advertised?
Open competition jobs are all posted on this website and advertised through a number of online platforms and media.
- How are positions filled?
Positions are filled based on job-related skills, training & experience, and suitability.
- When will I be contacted for an interview?
Human resources will review all resumes submitted once the competition has closed. On those who are selected for an interview are contacted by email. We encourage applicants to check the competition status on our Job Postings page.
- How long will my application be kept?
Applications and/or resumes will be kept on file for 1 year. Resumes of applicants who have been interviewed will also be kept for one year.
- How can I prepare for the interview?
During the interview, we'll ask questions to draw from current and past work experiences that are related to the position in order to assess how you would likely perform on the job in the future. This approach is based on the premise that past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour.
An interview panel of 2 to 3 staff will be used. Typical participants include the direct supervisor, a human resource representative and potentially another employee from the business centre. You can prepare by analyzing your work and life experiences, thinking of specific examples that give evidence of accomplishments and how you have demonstrated your skills that relate to the position you are applying for.
We thank you for your interest and wish you luck in your application!
About working at the Town
Learn more about the corporate culture, organizational structure, policies, strategies and initiatives that make the Town a great place to work!