Murray & Piper Arenas
With two official NHL-sized ice surfaces of 200 feet by 85 feet, the Piper and Murray Arenas are a great choice for drop-in skating, shinny, tournaments, or even birthday parties.
The arenas accommodate competitive and recreational hockey, ringette, figure skating, family and public skating, and organized group activities. Seating capacity of the Murray Arena is approximately 1000 and the Piper arena seats 250.
The arena sees more than 25 user groups and over 4,300 registered participants utilizing the facilities annually. Ice surfaces have an active season from June to April. When ice is removed in the spring, the concrete floors accommodates sports like roller derby, roller hockey, and lacrosse, as well as special community events like the spring car auction and fall indoor pro-rodeo.
- Must be over 18 years to play
- Sign in is required
- Shinny is limited to 24 players and 2 goalies
- Full equipment including helmets is required
Parent & Child Shinny Hockey (6-11yrs)
- Full equipment mandatory for children, and helmets required for adults
- must be on the ice with the children with a ratio of 5 to 1