Join us for the kick off to the holiday season. Festivities typically include a visit from Santa, wagon rides, sugar shack, cookie decorating, craft sales, late night shopping, fireworks & much more! Don't forget your Food Bank donations for the 18 Wheels of Christmas.
Event day road closure: Elizabeth Street, McRae Street, and North Railway Street to Lineham Avenue will be closed to vehicles from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday, November 18.
Volunteer for Light Up - find out how you can help out.
Guest Services Info Booth
Should you need assistance at any point during Light Up, the Guest Services booth will be located beside the Municipal Centre on Veterans Way to serve as a central point for:
- Lost children or separated family members
- First aid
- Lost and found
- General information
Support those in Need!
- Drop off food/cash donation for the Food Bank at the 18 Wheels of Christmas!
- Okotoks Fire Dept Charity BBQ
- Western Wheel Cares 50/50 for local charities
- Drop off NEW scarves, mitts, toques and baby items at the Okotoks Art Gallery to decorate the Tree of Warmth for local charities
- Drop off food Bank donations for the Okotoks and Veterans Food Banks at the Elks Lodge. They are also accepting pet food and toy donations for Heaven Can Wait.
At the Downtown Plaza Stage
- Live Performances, 5:30-8 pm
- Visit from Santa, 6:50 pm
- Lighting of Community Christmas Tree, 7 pm
At the Landmark Site next to the Plaza
- Blazing Alien Lillies - NEW! 5:30-9 pm
Candy Cane Corner (Triangle Park) - NEW!
- ATCO S’mores Station - NEW! 5:30-9 pm
- Cookie Decorating Station - NEW! 5:30-9 pm
- Light the Night illuminated float zone, 5:30-9 pm
Along Elizabeth Street
- Christmas Market, Elks Lodge, 4-9 pm
- Sugar Shack - maple toffee on a stick ($1), 5:30-9 pm
- Cookie decorating, free hot chocolate & treats, MLA Wayne Anderson’s office, 6-9 pm
- Pony Petting Zoo, McBride Career Group, 6-8:30 pm
- Free Glow Sticks 5:30-9 pm
- Get your photo taken at the Ice Sculpture, Municipal Centre, 5:30-9 pm
Along Elma Street
- Firepit & cookies, Mint & Maple, 5:30-9 pm
- Festive desserts & drinks, Twenty Two Collective, 5:30-9 pm
At the Okotoks Art Gallery / Museum
- Photos with Santa (bring own camera), 7:10-9 pm
- Hot Chocolate & Cookies, 5:30-9 pm
- Crafts by Michaels, 5:30-9 pm
- Spirit of Christmas Artisan Market, 5-9 pm
- Goodger Pink Dress Up Photos, 5:30-9 pm
- Museum Exhibits, 5-9 pm
Other Downtown Activities
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides, 6-8:30 pm
- Fire Pits, 5:30-9 pm
- Roaming Carollers, 6-9 pm
- Food Trucks! El Churro Treats, Chimmi's Fresh Grill & Il Forno Vagabondo, 5:30-9 pm
- Late Night Shopping until 9 pm
- Fudge and Cotton Candy for sale until 9 pm
Okotoks Public Library
- Free cookies, 5-7:30 pm
- Book Sale, All day
At the Municipal Centre
- Warm up in the lobby of the Municipal Centre and listen to live choir performances of Christmas classics in Council Chambers, 5:30-9 pm
from Lineham Park @ 9 pm!
Thanks to our sponsors
|Fireworks sponsored in part by||ATCO S’mores Station|
Free Glow Sticks
Foothills Community Immigration Services