There is so much to do in and around Okotoks! Okotoks offers exceptional dining, shopping, cultural and recreation opportunities, as well as charming accommodations to extend your day trip to an overnight stay. Check out our pathway system, golf courses, culture and recreational facilities or partake in the many year-round activities that Okotoks proudly hosts.
There are many regional activities close by too, such as visiting breathtaking Kananaskis Country or traveling the historic Cowboy Trail. Come for a visit and see what adventures you can find!
Enjoy exploring our Okotoks!
Top 10 Things to Do in Okotoks:
- Enjoy the splendid Sheep River Valley with over 85 km of picturesque pathway for your pleasure! View the pathways map
- We love to eat and boast 75+ amazing restaurants! Visit our business directory
- Shopping is awesome! All the brand names you could ask for plus wonderful boutique style shops downtown. Visit our business directory
- The culture scene is thriving; check out our theatre troupe, the Dewdney Players at the Rotary Performing Arts Centre.
- Get Sporty! Lots of winter & summer sporting events to choose from including Okotoks Oilers & Okotoks Bisons hockey and the Okotoks Dawgs baseball.
- Fore! Don't forget about the D'Arcy Ranch, Crystal Ridge & River's Edge golf courses, and the new mini-golf course at Crystal Ridge.
- Okotoks annual events attract approximately 78,000 people per year!! Join us for our Parade & Children's Festival, Show & Shine, Pro Rodeo, Light Up and so much more! Visit our event calendar
- Get inspired! Our art galleries and museum offer creative and thought-provoking exhibits all year round.
- A little bit country - check out the agri-tourism in our region! There are wonderful locations around Okotoks such as the Millarville Farmer's Market, Saskatoon Farm, Kayben Farms, Chinook Honey & more! View the full list of regional activities
- The Big Rock! Okotoks' Glacial Erratic was recently named one of the world's 500 most significant cultural sites!