The Town of Okotoks is a SOGO ACTIVE Community Host!
The Alberta Recreation and Parks Association is pleased to invite the youth in your community to participate in Sogo Active
Community hosts (local organizations) are critical to the success of Sogo Active because they can provide youth with …
- Assistance to gain access to facilities and equipment enabling youth to be physically active.
- Mentorship and assistance in executing their initiatives.
- Opportunity to present and lead their initiatives, while receiving positive adult interaction and support.
Sogo Active is a web-enabled program that provides Alberta's youth with …
- Youth must be a part of a group (2 or more people) and linked to a community host (any facility, program, educational centre/school, faith-based organization) in order to be eligible to apply for grants. Grants can be used for equipment, facility rentals, registration fees, instruction, transportation, nutrition, etc.
- A "for youth by youth" approach to group activity, empowering them to engage their less active peers, while developing leadership skills.
Visit http://www.sogoactive.com/ to register to participate in Sogo Active!