Sitemap News room Careers Contact Us Home

> for detailed information on Curb It! or Cut n' Call click here

Home    Municipal Services    Finance/Taxes    Taxes


Notice of Mailing Taxes

The 2014 Tax Notices for the Town of Okotoks were mailed the week of May 12, 2014, to all assessed property owners. Town of Okotoks’ property owners are deemed to have received their Tax Notices as a result of the publication of this notice.

Please review the property tax notice carefully. You may contact the Town at 403 938-8919 to obtain further information on your property taxes.

Your Guide to Taxes

This is your guide to property taxes in Okotoks. It will explain methods of payment, school declaration and other information. You will find how your tax dollars are allocated to the services provided within our community.

Ways to Pay

For information on ways to pay your taxes, click here: Ways to Pay (55 KB)  Adobe

Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program
Seniors in Alberta now have the option to defer their residential property taxes to keep extra money in their pockets and enable them to stay in their homes longer.

Through the
Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program, homeowners 65 and older can defer all or part of their residential property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan with the Alberta government. The loans are repaid when the home is sold, or sooner if the senior chooses.

For more information, please click this link:
Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program

Virtual Town Hall Registration Form
Virtual Town Hall - My Town Registration Form for Taxes, Utilities & Dog Licenses (75 KB) Adobe

School Declaration
The Town of Okotoks is required by legislation to bill and collect the school taxes on behalf of the Provincial Government (Alberta Learning) and Christ The Redeemer Catholic School Division. While the Town bills and collects school taxes, the Town has no jurisdiction or control over school board budgets or operations. School support is shown as “undeclared” unless a declaration of school support is filed by the owner. If you wish to change your school support designation, a declaration may be obtained by calling 938-8919 or in person at Town Hall. The change does not take effect until the following calendar year.

Supplementary Tax Bills
If a new building or an addition to an existing building is completed in the calendar year, a supplementary tax bill will be issued by the end of the year. The supplementary tax bill will reflect the number of months the building was completed or occupied during the year. To avoid penalties, supplementary tax bills must be paid by the due date as noted on the tax bill. If you participate in the Tax Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) Form (38 KB) Adobe (TIPP), your supplementary tax bill will show the adjusted monthly payment amount.